A Learning Journey

Kacy Keutzer

About

ABOUT ME!

Hello, thank you for taking a few moments to get to know me! My name is Kacy Keutzer. I am 22 years old. I was born and raised on my families cattle ranch in Northern BC. I cherish this ranch, and the land I have been blessed to live, work and play on the traditional lands of the Treaty 8 Peoples, with my whole heart. These lands will always be where I call home. I spent most of my years as a young child playing every sport my small town had to offer, spending most of summer on the road from rodeo to rodeo. I grew up a country bumpkin with a splash of diva. I was the girl who would show up to school in sparkles and dresses, then the moment I got home throw on some camo and jump on the ATV to go check on a calf. I fell in LOVE with dance around 10 or 11 and managed to convince my parents to drive me over an hour to dance class for the rest of my youth. After graduating from Chetwynd Secondary School, I immediately moved to Kamloops, where I did my first four years of school at TRU. Most of my summers were spent back home on the ranch, but this last summer I decided to try something new and moved to the sunny Okanagan for the summer (which turned into the school year- thank you COVID).

University has taught me a lot about who I am, and who I hope to be one day. I have found a huge sense of independence and self love. Since coming to Kamloops I have been on a competitive all star cheer team that I continue to train with at Freeze Athletics. Cheer has honestly been a dream come true for me. I have developed so many skills both physical and mentally that come with training on a competitive team. My team is my family and all of them are my best friends. I finally found a place that I feel like I belong and I matter, I aspire to have this same sense of family and belonging in my classroom. I am also currently taking recreational dance classes because my love for dance has never really gone away, although my dreams have shifted a little bit with reality and I recognize now that being a professional dancer may not be the path for me. When I was little my ultimate dream was to be a mom. On career day in Kindergarten I dressed up as a mom. This really hasn’t changed for me, I dream of the day I get to become a mother, but I have realized that being a mother doesn’t exactly make a killing. I decided that my second dream career would be to follow in my moms footprints and become an elementary school teacher. After growing up in a classroom and volunteering all of my spare time to help in my moms classroom I began to really get excited and knew that this is what I wanted to do with my life. I am thrilled to be following my dreams and have enjoyed every minute of the B.ED program thus far!

© 2024 A Learning Journey