A Learning Journey

Kacy Keutzer

EDEF 3100

This is a video that I made for EDEF 3100 in response to my educational influences. I didn’t have any struggles with this assignment, there is only one person who has been my forever educational influence. This is why I had no trouble choosing to write about my mom. My mom has ultimately been the person who has inspired me in so many ways to become an awesome teacher. I will forever look up to her as a role model in and out of the classroom. My mom is respectful and committed to her students well being. She has incredible ideas about how to teach students of all ages including hands on experiences and outdoor education. My mom actually taught me grade six and kindergarten, two years where I struggled the most with anxiety. My mom really showed me how wonderful of an educator she was in my grade six year when I was diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder. She was calm and caring, she never got mad at me or embarrassed me like other teachers had. My mom is a compassionate teacher who attempts to understand each child in depth, including their fears, triggers, happiness and everything in between. Her devotion to the emotional, mental and physical wellness of every single student who enters her classroom will always be an inspiration to me and exactly the kind of teacher I hope to be one day.

© 2024 A Learning Journey